Insulators Local 131 is always willing to accept capable individuals into our trade through our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (J.A.T.C.) program.
Heat and Frost Training Centre offers an excellent four-year apprenticeship program that is second to none. Please contact us at 506-635-8609 or fill out the form to the right, if you’re interested in becoming a Heat and Frost apprentice.
Apprentices EARN while they LEARN.
Not only do apprentices gain much needed, hands-on training inside and outside of the classroom, they also earn a living wage from day one. This means, unlike traditional post-high school education, apprentices do not accumulate thousands of dollars in debt and have the ability to build a solid, stable middle-class life.
What do Insulators do on the job?
- insulators maintain and apply thermal insulation on commercial and industrial structures and equipment
- read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements, and select type of insulation
- measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- apply and secure insulation using spraying, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- apply and secure protective coverings on insulated surfaces using metal cladding, canvas, PVC and mastics
What can you expect on the job?
- be in good physical condition
- working at heights and in confined spaces
- mathematical skills are required
- may work in hot, cold, and noisy environments
All Insulation Workforce Training includes:
- Safety Training Courses
- Asbestos Removal and Mediation
- Lead Removal and Mediation
- 3E Energy Audits
- CPR and First Aid Training Courses
- Professional Code of Conduct Program
Get started with a career in the Insulators Union today! Share your information below to begin and someone will be in touch with you.